Mur's World of Disney

Thursday, May 18, 2006

80 days!

So I was talking to my 4 year old daughter a few days ago about how long it was going to be until our trip. It was like 85 days and she said that was a long time. So I suggested that every 10 days (e.g. 80 days, 70 days, etc) we do something special to get ready for the trip. She thought that was a great idea.

I asked her ,"So what do you want to do at 80 days?"

Her answer? "Pack."

Maybe my May 5th blog wasn't too far off the mark. Even for a 4 year old.

Instead I have some crafts that we wanted to do. Either things to make for all of her cousins, or some crafts we can collect the pieces for and all put together when we are there - if we ever have 15 minutes free in the villa that the kids aren't eating, sleeping, swimming or running around getting ready for a park...

Okay, so it's probably not terribly likely that much crafting will be done by children at the happiest place on earth.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing how other people count down the time to their trip with their kids. I've seen the countdown chain idea before. We tried it once, but my daughter was a little too young for the concept, I think, and didn't quite get it. Any other ideas?

Here's mine to start, and what I think I'll do when I get home:
We will sit down together and put down something to do to get ready every 10 days on the calendar. So today, with 80 days to go, we'll do this. At 70 days to go, we may make crowns for her cousins. At 60 days to go, maybe we'll make t-shirts. At 50 days to go, we'll decorate her home-made autograph book. Etc. At 10 days, we'll probably start the packing, and continue to do that for the last 10 days. I think that week+ I'll put things on the calendar like "Make sure we have breakfast food packed" or "Do laundry and pack the Disney shirts we want to take". Then we'll X off days and do the tasks on the calendar as a family when we get to those days.

It's an idea. I'll see how it works.

Mur!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home